Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr. Darby Superstructure Kit
Model Marina Discussion Board > General Topics > New Product Annoucements
rktman56
I talked to Dave at Harbor Models today about the Mr. Darby Superstructure Kit he has. This is a complete kit to replace the Dumas superstructure and fittings. Daves kit includes the following features:

-aircraft quality laser cut one piece plywood decks
-laser cut acrylic overlayment deck pieces with a laser etched steel plate effect
-laser cut stantion and bollard pin holes
-heavy duty pre formed main superstructure unit
-laser cut pilot house with overhead viewing windows
-pre formed antenna mast base
-highly detailed towing winch
-highly detailed crane with with laser cut and cast metal parts
-laser cut crane house
-highly detailed anchor winch
-cast polymer doors
-brass portholes with "glass" windows
-operational search lights and running lights
-2-hole brass stanchions and brass rail material double cross bollards
-double cross bollards with threaded deck pins and nuts for high strength
-cast polymer deck man-hole cover at bow
-life rings, companion ways, life boat canisters and holders, fire hose in boxes
-self adhesive die cut decals including safety signs and striped yellow/black safety tape
-re-engineered aft deck with no potentially leaky access plate
-detailed instruction manual with photos
-This kit is only available directly from Harbor Models

The kit contains a heavy duty pre formed main superstructure unit made from 0.060 styrene. Dave also includes a pre formed mast base.

The pre formed main superstructure comes with rounded funnels, and is pre shaped to fit the deck opening of the Dumas deck or the Harbor Models deck.

The laser cut pilot house now comes with overhead viewing windows.

Included in the kit is aircraft quality laser cut one piece plywood decks. The come with laser cut acrylic overlayment deck pieces with a laser etched steel plate effect. The overlayments can be easily glued to the laser cut decks. Both the decks and overlayments have laser cut stantion and bollard pin holes!

Dave has also included many fittings to help you finish and detail your Darby. "What you see is what you get"

To finish out your model, Dave includes in the superstructure kit a Plastic Styrene Crane Kit
(HARMBOM MODELS EXCLUSIVE). This kit is now offerd only by Harbor Models with laser cut plastic parts. No more tedious cutting of silk-screened plastic with a straight edge and knife. No more drilling of numerous tiny holes for hydraulic line holders. Acurracy to .001". Construction is simplfied and efficient.

A detailed towinf winch and anchor winch is included also.

Dave includes over 80 stantions and brass rod and Flexable braded material. There is material to glaze the windows plus directions to help put it all together. If you order the complete kit (with hull) Dave includes a set of plans.

Dave also sales running hardware. He has a COMPLETE KORT NOZZLE KIT and COMPLETE OPEN WHEEL RUUNING KIT plus you can also get a replacement Mister Darby hull from him. Or IF you want the Dumas kit, you can get that from him too wink.gif
For more information contact :

Harbor Models Logo and materials Copyright Harbor Models - Used with permission.
rktman56
When I talked to Dave today about his Mister Darby Superstructure Kit, he made a point on how much time this kit saves the modeler over building the Dumas “wood” superstructure. The superstructure comes with smooth rounded corners and you do not have to deal with filing any wood grain. The superstructure is molded for plastic. They have not had any problems with warping. Warping is a common problem when having a model that is made of plastic in the sun. Dave uses a thick 0.060 styrene, thick enough to prevent these types of problems.

Here are some pictures of a Mister Darby built with his Superstructure Kit:

For more information contact :

Harbor Models Logo and materials Copyright Harbor Models - Used with permission.

Here are a few more pictures:

[img]http://www.rktman.com/rlh/quickinfo/images/harbordarby10.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.rktman.com/rlh/quickinfo/images/harbordarby11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.rktman.com/rlh/quickinfo/images/harbordarby12.jpg[/img]

For more information, contact:
[img]http://www.rktman.com/rlh/images/harbormodelslogo2.jpg[/img]

i.t. guy
I think you have convinced me. wink.gif And I like the idea of speeding up the construction. Not only that, but I like the idea of the steel planking effect. biggrin.gif
Chuck
What was your level of satisfaction with the Harbor Models kit? Is it of similar quality of content and instructions as Dumas?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.