Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DD-963 & CG-52
Model Marina Discussion Board > Model Ships and Boats > Warships
rktman56
Time has now found myself not only thinking of my next projects, but starting work on them also. The Aziz has been in the water and now has found a rest on display in my living room. For sometime I have been wanting to build the DD-963 USS Spruance with the VLS. Now that I have the BaD Ship Models kit out of storage, I've been toying with the idea of changing it into the USS Spruance. I have a Scale Ship Yard hull to rebuild the CG-52 USS Bunker Hill. Any ideas from you guys on this? smile.gif

The BaD Ship Models kit will take allot of work to bring it into a more "scale" repensation of the DD-963. Not that this was not to be expected, but the BaD Ship Models build models that are "stand off scale" or "sport scale" and do not have the details that I enjoy. This means that I will have to add them. dry.gif

As for the USS Bunker Hill, I will start working the stern tubes next week. I need to make new ones because the ones I got from Sirmar had a too large of a gap between the tube and shaft. wink.gif
rktman56
I've been building a bit on the DD-963. I had to redo the main deck and have been building the superstructure. I posted a few new pictures of this build in my Blog "rktman56's Projects". I welcome you to take a look. Just click on "Blogs" on the top menu and then click on "rktman56's Projects". wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.