Last update: 11 Sep 07
Questions and answers
Planking The Hul:
mentioned that you cut a hole in frame 6 for the forward gun,
but I don't see anything else about it?
Do you have any pictures of the
Bow end of the hull before planking?
- How do you plank the bow of the
- Would it be easier to add balsa blocks at the bow and
carve them to shape?
- Do I glue the planks at the tip to form the bow?
- How is that straight edge of the bow established?
-After I start placing the planks above and below the sheer
knuckle, there is still a little area left above the knuckle but
not enough for a whole plank, what do I do?
How far up do I place the planks? Until it is level with the
deck or below level?
- I am a little confused on the bow area and how the planking
fits in along the keel?
- What really confuses
me is how far forward do I put the planks to form the bow?
Model Marina Web Site © Copyright 2007 RKTMAN
All rights reserved.
Web site Designed & Maintained By RKTMAN
Dumas Logo and materials Copyright
Dumas Products, Inc.
- Used with permission.